The Toledo Mud Hens Opening Day, today April 7, just happens to be National Beer Day! As if we need another reason to get out and support our favorite local pubs and taverns. Check out this “12-Pack” (plus a side car) of great spots, conveniently located near the stadium!
2. M’ Osteria – 611 Monroe St Sporting a bistro style restaurant and bar on the first level with a second floor lounge, you haven’t truly experienced the Warehouse District until you’ve tasted one of their incredible artisan pizzas.
3. Black Cloister – 619 Monroe St. The Black Cloister Brewing Company opened their doors last year and currently offers 24 beers on tap.
4. Table Forty 4 – 610 Monroe St With live music offered every Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening, and a full menu, Table Forty 4 is a crowd favorite.
5. Veritas Cork & Craft – 505 Jefferson Ave Located on the first floor of the historic Commodore Perry building, Veritas is a full service lounge offering a tapas style menu.
6. Ye Olde Cock n Bull – 9 N. Huron St 34 draught beer selections, daily drink specials, and 7 day-a-week live entertainment. Need we say more?
7. The Bronze Boar – 20 S. Huron St The historic Bronze Boar, one of the first establishments to set up shop during the Warehouse District revitalization, is a cool place to have a glass of wine or beer or sample one of their full range of single-malt scotches and fine brandy.
8. Packo’s at the Park – 7 S. Huron St Currently celebrating their 10th Anniversary they are offering some sweet deals with featured cocktails, limited edition engraved bottles and more. Definitely something to check out this Opening Weekend.
9. Ye Olde Durty Bird – 2 S. St. Clair St Featuring a parking lot party this opening day, grab a bite and enjoy one of their tasty brews.
10. Pizza Papalis – 519 Monroe St Pizza Papalis offers authentic deep-dish Chicago Style Pizza. Drop in for a beer and a slice and you won’t be disappointed.
11. Fricker’s – 19 N. St. Clair St Fricker’s at the Field is a great option to pop in and enjoy wings and a drink before the game.
12. **NEW** Fleetwood’s Tap Room – 28 St. Clair St Grand Opening TODAY! Enjoy the Hensville Grand Opening Block Party from the Fleetwood’s Patio with one of their 75 local, regional and global craft beers. The restaurant will feature live music from 2 p.m. to 12 a.m.
13. **NEW** Nine at Hensville – 9 N. St. Clair St Opening at 11:00 a.m. today, enjoy lunch, dinner, or a pregame drink in this brand new establishment connected to the stadium.
If you are looking for something fun downtown, the Warehouse District Downtown offers a wealth of options for food and drink. Check out http://www.toledowarehouse.org/restaurants/ for a list of local restaurants and pubs.
*Photos used from the establishment's Facebook Page*