SSOE is a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management that has called Toledo home since 1948. As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 7 years (BD+C), SSOE Group focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries.
• Work with dynamic, growth-driven, high-energy professionals to deliver cutting-edge projects across the U.S. and around the world.
• Choice of two medical plans (one of which is 100% company paid)
• Pre-tax health spending accounts
• Flexible, paid holidays and generous paid time off (PTO)
• PTO buy / sell, carry-over, and leave donation options
• Wellness program that includes gym membership / weight loss program subsidy
• 401(k) plan with company matching program and option to allocate all or portion of matching contribution dollars toward student loan repayment
• Ample rewards and bonus opportunities
• Educational assistance / tuition reimbursement program
• Career progression opportunities
• Rotation program
• Extensive learning and development program
• Corporate discounts
• Volunteerism program
Emily Lewallen, Human Resources Manager
I support the employee lifecycle of a portion of SSOE’s U.S. business units, and international operations. I’m passionate about cultivating an inclusive environment for employees, coaching managers, and developing my staff. SSOE is a great place to work because it genuinely cares for its employees and the communities in which it operates. Personally, SSOE has given me the opportunity to grow and serve within my community by sponsoring my participation in Leadership Toledo, and supporting my desire to volunteer with local organizations – Northwest Ohio Human Resources Association, and Alpha Xi Delta.
I have called Toledo home my entire life. While it may seem like a typical mid-sized city, Toledo’s culture and history make it unique. There are new things to explore all the time, whether you’re interested in sports, food, history/culture, or the outdoors!
Douglas Furia, Architect
I am a project technology specialist and architectural designer at SSOE. In this role I utilize Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) technology to develop architectural drawings, as well as to coordinate projects between engineers, contractors, and owners using 3D Building Information Modeling (BIM). I enjoy working at SSOE because of the wide array of opportunities available within multiple market sectors across the country and internationally; it is exciting working for a firm that has a global reach while also maintaining a strong presence locally in Toledo.
I live with my wife and two children in Toledo’s Old West End, where we enjoy the beautiful historic homes and the proximity to the Toledo Museum of Art, the Maumee riverfront, and the other great amenities that downtown Toledo has to offer. My family and I love living in a midsize city which has more than enough parks, restaurants, and experiences to offer while still being small enough to fully explore and enjoy.